Modern home security options are getting more capable every year. But, unfortunately, you may still neglect to perform simple security tasks like turning on your a security system, shutting the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
Would you like it if you never had to remember doing these things in the future? With geofencing in Green Bay, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Green Bay For your Security System?
Geofencing generates a virtual boundary around your house, which you are able to set up in your smart security app. This modern home security option then utilizes your cell phone to determine when you go beyond the border and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart implements take advantage of to share information with one another. This innovative approach assists your home security by centralizing all devices onto the same network. You can institute a virtual “fence” along the perimeter of your house and program what actions you want to take place if you cross the specified border.
For example, as soon as you pull away from your premises, you can instruct your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing will alert your system to disengage the alarm, open the garage, activate lighting, and even alter your smart thermostat.
These are some of the devices you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Security alarms and cameras
● Home electronics such as TVs or appliances
● Garage doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your home’s security system in Green Bay. When accessing the security app, you are able to make the most of smart home automation. Just tap your phone, and you have the opportunity to:
● Enable Scheduling: set your smart alarms and cameras to activate at a specific time. Direct various lights to lower to tell you that it's time for bed, or deactivate your home’s alarm as you start your day.
● Manage how devices interact: Make certain components engage when another element is triggered. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan if a smoke detector goes off. Or turn on your hallway lighting when your security camera detects strange movements in the yard.
● Customize scenes: Create custom room scenes with components that operate in concert with each other. Have your lights lower, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks bolt at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with preset light and temperature adjustments.
● Take advantage of geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm system when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your mobile device, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and shut the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Green Bay
Whether you desire extra peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you wish to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (920) 309-5629 or complete the form on this page to start designing your perfect security system.