How to Get the Most From Your Home Security Cameras In Green Bay
Home security cameras can simply be placed as a warning—something that tells burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your home security cameras to bolster your home’s security.
Thankfully, today’s security cameras are outfitted with a number of additions all designed to deliver comprehensive protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording options and two-way audio or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion sensors, these additions empower you to have the most from security cameras in Green Bay.
How To Set Up Your Green Bay Home Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to optimizing your video surveillance is mounting them in the right spots within your living space. Indoor security cameras should be placed in common areas like the kitchen or den. It’s also a smart move to install a camera pointed at main entryways, stairs, or other centralized areas thieves would have to pass to reach the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras should offer you a clear sightline of your front door, front walk, front and yards, garage, and other outdoor isolated constructions, like sheds. Then get a view of your front door through a sleek doorbell camera.
There are locations around your house that aren’t quite as imperative to watch like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, setting a camera in the vicinity can impact your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you want a measure of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Optimize Security Cameras
Component placement is only the first step in getting the most out of home security cameras in Green Bay. The additions described below help to elevate security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: Get instant messages on your smart device whenever strange movement is detected. You can also program cameras to begin recording when motions are discovered which will add to camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your video surveillance to film and back up clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- Two-way talk: Most of current security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually converse with people via the device. Via your mobile app, you can act like you’re inside or greet your kids as they come home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is a term for how much a lens can see, and gives you a more exhaustive view of an area. Opt for cameras that have a minimum of 120-degree coverage or that are able to pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Ensure your video surveillance are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that can pick up clips of night-time movement.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more specific, set up activity zones. For example, you can tell your exterior camera to notify you of activity happening on your yard or your porch and overlook cars passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera feeds, control cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send instant texts when the sense unusual motion around your property.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your security cameras in Green Bay is simpler. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way audio, your home security can go from merely a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (920) 309-5629 or fill out the form below to begin customizing your home security and camera system today.