Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Green Bay? As a general rule, you have three major regions of your residence for video protection: your front door, your home’s exterior, and strategic interior positions. Even though your installation team will be able to recommend where you should install, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Always Protect Your Main Entrance
While it might seem absurd that a burglar would attempt to casually stroll through the front door, 34% of invasions occur at this passageway. There are also delivery bandits among other risks to think about. Doorbell surveillance is perfect to manage all of these concerns with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Video doorbells are nice as you have the ability to speak with any visitors who come and press the button. Through your mobile application, like ADT Control, you have the option to respond to every ring with two-way communications and live video and look like you’re home. Then if a visitor begins doing something criminal, you are able to have your video doorbell record a clip and send it to your cell phone through a text.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your External Video Surveillance
Figuring out where to place home security cameras around your property can be a daunting assignment. Fortunately, there are a handful of tips to make sure your property is safeguarded appropriately.
- Corners of your Green Bay residence provide a large viewing angle, letting you see two parts of your yard.
- Right under an overhanging eave or directly into a bit of cladding or edging are perfect spots for surveillance devices as they will be partially obscured by your home.
- On top of your garage, as the garage door is a more likely entryway for invaders than you’d think!
- Above a patio or back door -- or any entryway not in clear view from the road.
In each of these spots, you should always cut back any brush and branches that might obstruct your view.
Recommendations To Enjoy The Best Results From Your Indoor Video Equipment
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your home in Green Bay. That same adaptability means you have more factors to think about:
- Beware of Sun Glare: Even though you should ensure your windows are down and latched, the natural light that enters via a window may create a glare and impact the clarity of your surveillance footage. Aim the front of your camera away from direct blasts of sunshine to eliminate this problem.
- Utilize Height: Just like a guard tower, a security camera installed in an elevated area will provide a wider field of vision. Consider putting your cameras on top of tall pieces of furniture or attached to a corner or ceiling.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your camera will lose its ability to safeguard your home if it’s broken. Set your indoor units in locations where little ones and house pets can’t tamper with them. You might consider mounting or a different method of attaching them to ensure they don’t crash to the ground if accidentally bumped.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The top surveillance system won’t help you much if you have a plant blocking the view. But it’s important to note, potted plants and other decor items may be a perfect way to cloak your surveillance installation. Just make sure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and other security equipment, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the perfect system for your whole house -- safeguarding all areas. Dial (920) 309-5629 or submit the form below to get started.